We document the job details to agree on what we are looking for and advertise that to candidates.
How to Do This:
The supervisor of the position for which we are hiring writes the job description.
- Obtain an existing job description for a similar position. Possible sources of a current, similar JD are:
- From the hiring supervisor’s records
- From the CP’s HR department
- From the regional office
- From this list of basic job descriptions
- Review the description to make sure it matches what you need. If it doesn’t, edit it.
- Determine on which step of the CP’s salary scale the job belongs. Indicate this on the JD.
Step 2: Create a requisition and have it and the JD approved.