We must ensure that there is active and inclusive community engagement in all stages of the program cycle that builds on and strengthens existing community and state structures, resources and capacities.
Key Actions Include:
- Staff use participatory techniques to ensure active inclusion and representation of diverse groups
- Ongoing community dialogue and regular meetings are held with people and communities to foster participation in decisions that affect them
- Programs build on existing capacities of diverse groups
You May Find the Following Tools Helpful:
- Community Safety Mapping [English] [Français]
- VSO Participatory Mapping [English]