Procurement location: This exact model may be available for local purchase, but if not, then source regionally and/or through HQ. It is recommended that the IT and HRD Departments are consulted before alternative makes or models are considered.
Oxfam code: KVHW/8
Shipping and cost details:
|Motorola Hand Set||1 cartons||10 kg||47 x 49 x 25 cm||58L||$350|
|Frequency range||136 MHz ro 174 MHz, 12.5 KHz channel spacing, 5KHz steps, CTCSS tone capability|
|Geographic range||Up to 8km in open areas|
- Motorola GP-380 hand held VHF transceiver, with antenna, belt clip.
- Rechargable battery, 1900 mAh NiMh
- Battery charger – for 220V operation with AC adapter, fitted with 3 pin UK plug.
- Charger – for 12V DC vehicle cigarette lighter socket
- Programming cable, USB, with CD
- Extension cable, 6-way, 3-pin UK/EU/US sockets, fitted with 3-pin plug, 5m
- This kit includes all the necessary equipment and instructions for field programming of the walkie-talkies using PC software (not compatible with Mac).
- The range of the hand-held radios will depend upon the location, but typically walkie-talkie to walkie-talkie communication in an open area is only possible over distances up to 5 miles (8km). In a built-up area or around hills/mountains the range will decrease significantly. The effective range of a VHF system can be enhanced through the use of a VHF base station or repeater station.