All vehicles expected to travel to remote or isolated locations should be equipped with substantial toolboxes in case of need of emergency repair. If procuring for new vehicles, toolboxes can be added as an option – there are several options available.
Procurement location: If for vehicles already in country, tools should be procured locally. Similar composition to the above list should be sought. Quality checks for all tools are essential for locally procured items.
Manufacturer link: http://www.toyota-gib.com/eng/accessories/4×4-equipment/tool-kits.html
Manufacturer option code: TOOL 1 or TOOL 2
Shipping details: Shipped with newly purchased vehicle.
The below components constitute the TOOL 1 option from Toyota:
- Heavy-duty booster 600A / 5m cables.
- 12V/60W lamp kit.
- 12V/60W light bulb for the lamp kit.
- 220mm funnel with closing lid.
- 3 piece wire brush set.
- Oil wrench band type 65 – 110mm.
- 2lb ball-pein hammer with hickory handle.
- 21 piece screwdriver set.
- 14 piece combination wrench set (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19mm).
- 3 piece adjustable wrench set (150,200 & 250mm).
- 52 piece socket set (1/4 & 1/2 inch drive) metric.
- 3 piece pliers set.
- 24 x 5/8 inch crowbar.
- Heavy-duty retracting knife.
- Steel storage chest.