This section deals with issues Emergency First Responders could face regarding Fleet management. It covers the basics of:
1. Determine Vehicle Needs – Outlines considerations to be taken into account when determining vehicles needs to meet programs objectives.
2. Sources of Vehicles – Describes 3 vehicle sources and their advantages and disadvantages as well as provides specifications on vehicle accessories, parts and maintenance plans.
3. Renting Vehicles – Outlines steps to follow when renting a vehicle.
4. Transport Department – Tips on setting up a transport department.
5. Hiring Transport Staff – Job descriptions and driving tests for the transport department staff.
6. Transport Administration – Good vehicle management requires data collection, reporting, and analysis.
a) Vehicle Logs – Every vehicle, including rentals, must have a vehicle log that is filled out for every trip.
b) Vehicle Scheduling – Vehicle plan and request templates.
c) Vehicle Maintenance & Repair – Controls to limit fraud involving vehicle spare parts and maintenance management.
d) Vehicle Data Collection & Reporting – Instructions on the CRS-developed Vehicle Management System (VMS)
e) Vehicle Files – Each vehicle in your office, including rentals, should have its own file.
f) Accident/Road Crash & Incident Reporting – Accident report form template.
g) Vehicle Passenger Waiver–Template (Limitation de Responsabilité – Français) – Waiver for passengers who will be riding in CRS vehicles.
h) Authorization to Drive a CRS Vehicle and Disclaimer Form for Authorized Users of CRS Vehicle (English) and French
i) Vehicle Spare Parts Management System – Refer here if vehicle spare parts are kept in stock.
j) Vehicle Fuel Management System – Different option proposed based on different operational context:
k) Specifications for Key Accessories: Winch and Bull Bar, Heavy Duty Roof Rack, High Lift Jack, Vehicle Spare Parts Kits, Vehicle Tool Kit, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Tow Rope.
7. Other Documents and Forms – Vehicle Insurance information report template to HQ; Vehicle right of use agreement; Vehicle Partner Documents, Vehicle Personal use cost recovery calculator; Policies.