When you visit potential warehouse sites, you’ll look at three different aspects of the facility and location:
- Do the site and building meet our operational needs?
- Is it secure? We provide three resources here that should help you determine this.
- Protecting CRS Buildings (from Safe & Sound)
- Security Management Assessment Checklist, Sections 1 & 2 (from Safe & Sound)
- Warehouse Safety and Security (from FACMM)
- What is the price (and other lease details)?
The attached Considerations When Choosing a Warehouse Site lists many of the aspects you should look at when evaluating possible warehouses.
NOTE: Ideally, a warehouse will have inside of it a separate area that can be used as an office. If you can, find a building that has an office that is physically separated from the main warehousing space and has a separate entrance.
When you’ve found the best site for the money, move to step 4, signing the lease.