When received items are properly documented and in place, the storing phase begins.
While items are in storage we must continually:
- Count the items and compare the amounts to our record of what has come in and gone out;
- Inspect the items to make sure they are still in good condition;
- Deal with any items that are no longer in good condition, fix the reason for the damage, and report the damage;
- Investigate any other losses, find the reason for losses, and report the losses; and
- Report to the team on activity and stock levels.
This section details the forms and procedures we will use for each of these activities.