Meet Your CRS Humanitarian Response Department (HRD)!
HRD Organigram – Who works with whom
HRD Points of Contact – A guide to the points of contact for specific requests and questions
HRD Staff Profiles – Background on each of our team members
What Is EFOM?
This resource is meant to assist Emergency Responders with Basic operational set-up in the initial stages of an emergency.
If you are traveling to a field location with questionable internet, we would suggest you download the EFOM Offline Version prior to your departure.
*Please note that you may need to sign into your Sharepoint account and also, it will be important for you to download and read the “READ ME FIRST” document to guide you through the downloading steps.
Immediately upon arrival in the country after a crisis, one should refer to the Emergency Response Operations Set-Up Checklist (EROS). The EROS guides decision makers at country and regional levels to make informed decisions on critical Operations related issues during the first 2 to 3 weeks following a disaster. The checklist questions focus on key actions and considerations to speed up implementation, while maintaining compliance with agency policies and procedures.
It will be good to take some time to review this short presentation which discusses common operational challenges in emergencies as well as guidance and resources to address these challenges.
Please find the PowerPoint of this presentation for training purposes
1. Office Set-up: The set-up team, security, equipment, facilities, vehicles, and admin systems
2. Finance: How to set up and run an Operating Cash on Hand (OCH) account
3. Human Resources: Planning for, recruiting, hiring, orienting and taking care of staff
4. Procurement: Processes, forms, and advice for basic purchasing
5. Warehousing: Processes, forms, and advice to receive, store, and send goods
6. All Attachments: A consolidated list of all the attachments to the sections listed above
Clicking on any of the links above will bring you to the introductory page for that section. Each topic has its own menu that will appear on the right side of all the pages in the section.