As soon as you get a Personnel Requisition approved and the vacancy numbered, create a file for the recruiting effort.
Label and organize the recruiting files by vacancy number.
Include the following items in each recruiting file.
- Job Description (JD)
- Approved personnel requisition form
- Ranked criteria for decision-making
- Job Announcement
- List of places you advertised the position
- CV/Resume log, paper and printed from email box
- Short list of candidates tested
- Each test taken
- Interview Sheets, signed by interviewers
- Candidate evaluation sheets, signed by the evaluators
- References for all candidates for which you checked references.
You can download this list as a checklist by clicking here: Recruiting File Checklist
When you’ve finished the recruiting process and hired a staff person, you’ll create a Personnel File for the new hire.